The great thing about planning an event is you get to do whatever you want. You can make it simple or or elaborate, casual or fancy, drop-in or scheduled. With some crowds you can keep the planning to a minimum, knowing they’ll keep themselves entertained. For other gatherings, it’s a good idea to have fun and unique event activities planned. Here’s a roundup of some of the most fun activity ideas we’ve seen:
Birthday Party Activity Ideas:
- Start off with an icebreaker game to get people introduced and talking.
- Let guests take part in the food prep with build-your-own-food bars (pizza, baked potatoes, and tacos are great examples!)
- Set up game stations with a variety of options, from board games to card games.
Corporate Event Activity Ideas:
- Do a truly “touristy” thing in your city together – you know, the things you never get around to doing as a resident.
- Hire a comedian or magician to perform at your event.
Wedding Activity Ideas:
- Give a dance lesson at the beginning of the reception.
- Create a scavenger hunt for guests to do during the reception.
- Don’t forget a classic photobooth station!
Holiday Celebration Activity Ideas:
- Play a game of trivia with offbeat facts about the holiday you’re celebrating.
- Throw in some good, old-fashioned games like charades or mafia.
Know your audience, but never underestimate the success of simple, good-natured, old-fashioned fun. Games and activities aren’t just for kid parties! So often, grown-ups need an excuse to let loose and have fun, so why not give your guests permission! What are some of your favorite unique event activities?