With Pinterest and the age of Do-It-Yourself instructions, it can be tempting to want to cater your own event without choosing to consult with a catering professional. While there are some people who might be able to pull this off, more often than not, a DIY-approach to catering usually falls short of the dreams people have in their own mind. Here are a few of the best reasons to consult with a catering professional for your event:
- You aren’t limited to your range of expertise. By working with a professional caterer, you have access to a large list of menu options. Usually, caterers are wiling to work with you to create a custom menu that fits your event.
- Your menu will be cohesive. Planning a menu is more than just picking your favorite dishes and going with it! Many factors come into play, and choosing to consult a catering professional to plan your menu will ensure you think through all the different angles of your food selections.
- You’ll be sure to have enough food (without tasting a ton). A common self-catering mistake is not getting the right amount of food. You’ll either end up with not enough, or way too much. Professional caterers know how to estimate food very accurately, thus reducing your waste while making sure your guests are satisfied.
- You’ll save time. Menu planning, price comparing, ingredient shopping, and cooking all take a large investment of time. When you delegate these tasks to a professional, not only will the outcome be better than you expect, but you’ll get to skip all those time-consuming tasks.
- You’ll remove stress from your event. When you’re responsible for food cooking, ovens being hot, and coffee being brewed, you’re not able to enjoy your party. Hiring a professional caterer takes that responsibility off your plate so you can focus on your guests.
- You know the food will turn out good. Chances are you’re a good cook, but unless you’ve done it before, it’s easy to underestimate the challenges of cooking for a crowd versus cooking for a few. Professional caterers use tried-and-true recipes and know how to problem-solve unexpected issues that might arise.
- You’ll get to skip clean up. Dishes are the worst part of any event. By working with a caterer, you get to leave the dirty work (pun intended) to them.
- Your event will make a lasting impression. Professionals are people who are really good at what they do. Catering your event professionally means you’ll get beautiful table decor, thoughtful room layout, and stunning food displays.
Whatever your upcoming event is for, we can help. From weddings to office parties to private events, we’ve done it all. Take a look at our sample menu selections, and don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about working together!